The goal of our Teen Programs is to offer better options for young individuals looking to use their summer for personal growth. We understand there are teens looking to do more than just hang out all summer long. We are targeting individuals looking to advance themselves in community service and stand out amongst fellow students during future endeavors. We have developed three unique programs to offer teens for an exclusive summer experience.
DISCLAIMER: Please note, participation in any of the teen programs does NOT guarantee your child a position as a camp counselor at Allaire Country Day Summer Camp in the future. At Allaire Country Day Camp we pride ourselves on offering the best recreational programming while being supervised by experienced, mature and qualified staff. In order to do this, we screen all applicants and hire based on experience, maturity, personality and other traits we expect our staff to possess. While majority of our staff are teachers and college students, there are limited spots available for young applicants.
Sarah Ragozzino – LIT and CIT Supervisor
This will be my 8th summer with Allaire Country Day and I am excited to be returning as the LIT and CIT supervisor. My first summer at Allaire Country Day, I was a head counselor of 3rd grade and then head counselor of 2nd-7th grade (following my grade up every summer after that). Before Allaire Country Day, I worked with children in the Brick PAL after school program and then started working with Brick Public School’s B.E.S.T. after schooI program while finishing my education at Georgian Court University. I am currently a teacher in Brick Township Public Schools where I teach second grade. In addition to teaching, I am also the Relay for Life Captain/Chairperson for my school. I organize and lead many fundraising events for my school to raise money for The American Cancer Society. All of our students participate in these fundraising events, teaching them empathy and compassion for others while raising money for a great cause. I believe that giving children the opportunity to learn how to be good role models and leaders will help them grow to be outstanding individuals in our society.
Must be 15 years old by the start of the program. No exceptions.
The goal of the Counselor-in-Training program is to provide teens advanced hands-on experience in a work environment. These individuals will be guided by hard-working and enthusiastic counselors to develop the skills needed to be an exceptional camp counselor. CITS will work alongside campers of all ages and will engage those children in summer day camp activities. CITS will gain impressive real-life experience that will stand out on resumes and college applications. Don’t worry, there will still be time for
extra fun and adventure on the various field trips included.
COST OF PROGRAM:
$1,800 for six week session
Fee includes 4 field trips and CPR/First Aid certification.
CITs will receive a weekly salary of $100.00.
*CIT’s will be paid bi-weekly along with general payroll schedule
*Please be advised your child will need working papers from their school
*No discounts will be applied to this program. Dates cannot be altered. No credits for missed days.
- CITS will work alongside campers and engage children in summer day camp activities
- CITS will learn proper child care skills and techniques
- CITS will work in small groups with an experienced supervisor as a mentor
- CITS will attend weekly meetings and training sessions to constantly learn and grow
- CITS will be given weekly reports to track their progress and goals to achieve
- CITS will be trained in CPR and basic First Aid to help in future opportunities of coaching, babysitting and other child care opportunities
- CITS will attend four field trips. Trips will be announced at a later date.
- CITs will have the potential to work the last 2 weeks of camp as a paid employee if CIT demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and work ethic during this program.
- CIT program will be offered for one (1) six week session from July 9th – August 17th
- CITS are expected to be at camp Monday through Friday from 8:45am-4:15pm.
- CITS must wear their given t-shirts every day to camp, provided by Allaire Country Day.
- Spots are limited. Only accepting 12 applicants. ALL applicants will be interviewed.
- Applicants must complete the corresponding application and questionnaire.
- Applicants MUST obtain 2 reference letters from either teachers, coaches, advisors, community leaders, etc. (References from relatives will NOT be accepted)
- Once application is submitted, an interview will be scheduled.