The goal of our Teen Programs is to offer better options for young individuals looking to use their summer for personal growth. We understand there are teens looking to do more than just hang out all summer long. We are targeting individuals looking to advance themselves in community service and stand out amongst fellow students during future endeavors. We have developed three unique programs to offer teens for an exclusive summer experience.
DISCLAIMER: Please note, participation in any of the teen programs does NOT guarantee your child a position as a camp counselor at Allaire Country Day Summer Camp in the future. At Allaire Country Day Camp we pride ourselves on offering the best recreational programming while being supervised by experienced, mature and qualified staff. In order to do this, we screen all applicants and hire based on experience, maturity, personality and other traits we expect our staff to possess. While majority of our staff are teachers and college students, there are limited spots available for young applicants.
Sarah Ragozzino – LIT and CIT Supervisor
This will be my 8th summer with Allaire Country Day and I am excited to be returning as the LIT and CIT supervisor. My first summer at Allaire Country Day, I was a head counselor of 3rd grade and then head counselor of 2nd-7th grade (following my grade up every summer after that). Before Allaire Country Day, I worked with children in the Brick PAL after school program and then started working with Brick Public School’s B.E.S.T. after schooI program while finishing my education at Georgian Court University. I am currently a teacher in Brick Township Public Schools where I teach second grade. In addition to teaching, I am also the Relay for Life Captain/Chairperson for my school. I organize and lead many fundraising events for my school to raise money for The American Cancer Society. All of our students participate in these fundraising events, teaching them empathy and compassion for others while raising money for a great cause. I believe that giving children the opportunity to learn how to be good role models and leaders will help them grow to be outstanding individuals in our society.
Must be 14 years old by the start of the program. No exceptions.
The goal of the Leader-in-Training program is to provide teens with the opportunity to develop leadership skills, build confidence and take steps to becoming more responsible and successful in their everyday lives. They will work together and build unforgettable friendships. They will also enjoy various field trips for extra fun throughout the summer.
This program is designed for individuals who are in between being a “camper” and a “CIT”. These individuals will spend a majority of the day participating in team building exercises and leadership training. The rest of their day they will still enjoy the incredible amenities our facility features such as pool time, recreational activities and relaxed down-time.
- LITS will participate in daily team building exercises and leadership training.
- LITS will work in small groups with an experienced supervisor as a mentor.
- LITS will attend weekly meetings and training sessions to constantly learn and grow.
- LITS will be given weekly reports to track their progress and goals to achieve.
- LITS will attend four field trips. Trips will be announced at a later date.
- LITS will work together and participate in a culminating Community Service project.
- LITS will gain incredible leadership and community service experience that can be applied towards school requirements, future job applications, future college applications, resumes, etc.
COST OF PROGRAM:
$2,000 for six week session
Fee includes 4 field trips.
*No discounts will be applied to this program. Dates cannot be altered. No credits for missed days.
- LIT program will be offered for one (1) six week session from July 9th – August 17th
- LITS will have the opportunity to join us for the remainder of the summer AT NO CHARGE from August 20th-31st by joining the 8th/9th grade group.
- LITS will follow regular camp hours, Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm.
- Spots are limited. Only accepting 20 applicants.
- Applicants must complete the corresponding registration form.
- There will be no interviews or reference letters necessary for the LIT program.